Advice for getting matches on dating apps?

Home Forums Dating   Advice for getting matches on dating apps?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Oliver
    Participant

I am using the dating apps, Tinder, Bumble and Hinge. I believe that I have a good dating profile. I have been told by friends that I am decent looking and the pics on my dating profile are fine. There are no selfies.

With all that, I rarely get any matches. I get maybe 1 match each month on average and then they don’t really chat or try to have conversation. I don’t know where I am going wrong. I have followed all the photo advice I’ve found online.

Any advice? I don’t have a premium membership on any of these dating apps.

Luke
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

Use photos that are recent and show you involved in activities that you love. This tends to capture people’s attention. Instead of just mentioning the interests that you love, elaborate on that by showing those interests through your photos.

This is often where people connect with what you are saying, through actually getting to see these interests in photos. This type of approach to the photos that you post on your dating profile on dating apps helps tremendously in getting you matches. People connect to what you are saying and feel compelled to like your dating profile.

The algorithm on all of these dating apps, whether it be Tinder, Bumble or Hinge, love matching people based on the key words that are used in their dating profiles. This is where you benefit by having a detailed bio. The more words you use in your bio, the more words you are giving the algorithm to work with. This means that it will match you with other people that used the same key words in their bios.

Don’t get lazy with your bio. Guys tend to make this mistake. They write too little in their bios and then wonder why they aren’t getting more matches. Make your bio compelling. Fit in a good number of key words that have to do with your interests and experiences. This opens you up to getting a lot more matches.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.