Feeling discouraged after two failed dates with guys I met on dating apps

Home Forums Online Dating   Feeling discouraged after two failed dates with guys I met on dating apps

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alexandra
    Participant

There was a guy I met on the dating app, Hinge, that I got to date for about a month and a half. We got along well but we lacked an emotional connection.

After him, I saw an ex briefly, then started dating a guy from another dating app, Bumble.

It hasn’t been long since we started dating but he is at about a 6/10 when it comes to his attractiveness. What got me to decide to date him in the first place was our incredible intellectual connection.

But now, I realize that the attraction quotient is becoming a factor. I don’t believe he is a true match anymore and I don’t want to waste my time with him like I did the last guy I met on a dating app.

I am soon to be 25 years of age and I am worried that I am not going to find the right match.

Luke
    Keymaster

Hi Alexandra,

You shouldn’t look at dating as a horse race. Where are you running to?

Yes, you are soon to be 25 years of age, but that doesn’t mean you are about to become a Mummy.

Relax.

One of the biggest advantages of using dating apps is the ability to expose yourself to multiple dating options, giving yourself an even better chance at finding the right match for you.

Two failed dates shouldn’t discourage you from dating apps. Most people who find their right match on dating apps are actively using them for about 6 months.

Be patient. Go out on more dates. With the right amount of effort, finding your right match is inevitable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Making Logical Sense Of Online Dating