Was she leading me on?

Home Forums Dating Was she leading me on?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeremy
    Best Dating Sites
    eHarmony - Get Started On The #1 Trusted Dating Site
    Elite Singles - Meet Like-Minded Professionals
    Christian Cafe - Christian Singles Want To Meet You
    Jdate - Find Local Jewish Singles Near You
    Sugar Daddie - Date A Millionaire Today
    More

There is a girl that I noticed a few months ago stare at me when I arrived to the hallway while waiting for our classroom to open at our university. Didn’t think much of it at the time, but weeks later I held the door open for her and her friend and this girl walked by me without even really acknowledging me, her friend was extremely friendly and thank me for opening the door for them.

Fast forward half a year later, we both ended up having another class together. We both sat sort of facing each other. I noticed she would stare every now and then but one day as I walked toward that class I saw her and a friend of hers (from our class) talking and then they saw me and both of them made eye contact with me and stared for a bit and got quiet, I thought this was odd, I sort of felt like they were talking about me.

A few weeks later I decided to add her on social media but I didn’t initiate any other communication. Two weeks later, I ran into her in a parking lot, she was heading the opposite direction as me but we walked by facing each other. As she noticed me walking towards her she had a slight smile and we both made eye contact as passed by each other, I could tell she was sort of cheesing. We walked by each other and went on our way.

I decided to message her on social media weeks later, said hi to her, she took 3 days to reply, which was weird cause I know she checked her account daily. She said hi back. We talked about our plans after graduating university as we both were walking a week later. Her replies would be every 24 hours, then a few every hour, then back to 24 hours, then three days. This was confusing me so much.

Graduation day came by, I’m waiting in line to walk and my friend tells me that the girl is pointing at me trying to talk to me. I look at her, she points at me, I tell her that idk what’s going on, and she walks up to me and fixes my dress shirt and tie (takes her time to do it) looks at me at and says “you’re good now” and walks away. A day goes by and she replies to my message from three days before, saying “ oh wow I’m just seeing this.” “Congrats on graduating!” Then proceed to replying every few hours, eventually three days later and so on. I mentioned how she never talked to me in class and she mentions how I never talked to her either and how she only talked to her friend. She tells me how’s she moving back to her home state in a few weeks, I wish her good luck, replies are so random in timing so I give up. She always watches my Snapchat stories. I genuinely felt like she liked me but the replies were so late and dry, I was replying as soon as she replied cause I feared her replying days later again, which I know that’s a mistake of mine.

#39187 Reply

Luke
    Keymaster
    Best Dating Sites
    More

Hi Jeremy,

It’s unlikely that she was leading you on.

The eye contact that you experienced with this girl seems to have been more coincidental than intentional. In other words, she never seemed to go out of her way to look for you and stare.

You would both happen to be facing each other in the same class or run into each other as you were headed to class or in a parking lot and eye contact and a smile would follow. However, she never seemed to go out of her way to look in your direction.

There is a good chance that being that you liked this girl, you may have read more into the occasional moments of eye contact than was really there.

To be sure about how she really felt about you, you needed to make an aggressive move on her in either asking her out or at least telling her how you felt about her.

You never did this.

When you messaged her on social media about how she never talked to you in class, she responded by telling you that you never talked to her either.

That was a probable indication that she is the kind of girl who expects the guy to step up and go after what he wants.

You may have received delayed replies to your messages to her social media because your messages weren’t particularly fun to read. You would say hi and then proceed to talk about plans for life after university.

These conversations were just too bland. It is no wonder that her response rate would become increasingly belated with each new message that you would send.

All in all, it just appears as though you never really made an aggressive move on her and being that she is the kind of girl that would expect a guy to be more aggressive when he is interested in her, she didn’t take you seriously.

#39192 Reply

Jeremy
    Best Dating Sites
    More

Does her walking up to me to fix my shirt and tie possibly mean a little interest from her?

#39193 Reply

Luke
    Keymaster
    Best Dating Sites
    More

Hi Jeremy,

Her walking up to you to fix your shirt and tie doesn’t necessarily indicate interest.

At that point in time, she was familiar enough with you to do something like that.

After all, the both of you had already talked about graduation and life after university in previous conversations. It would be reasonable to think that she would want you to look your best on the big day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Was she leading me on?
Your information: