Women who mostly or only use filtered pictures on their online dating profile are catfish?

Home Forums Dating Women who mostly or only use filtered pictures on their online dating profile are catfish?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

I am a straight guy. Have been doing online dating for a few years. In that time, the number of dating profiles of young women that I have seen that have 1 or 3 to 5 pictures that are all filtered is way too high.

I have been on a dozen or so dates in this time frame and I have really noticed this trend.

In most of those dates, the woman have shown up noticeably different from what they looked like in their dating profiles.

Their skin tone is different. They look more haggard. They look older. Their teeth is nowhere near as white as they appeared on their dating profile pictures.

It is clear that they used a filter on their dating profile pictures.

If most or all of a woman’s dating profile pictures are filtered, she is just as much of a catfish as someone who is using entirely fake photos.

The goal of a catfish is to mislead by making themselves appear more attractive than they really are.

I don’t see these women who use filters as any different.

Luke
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It is deceitful to only or mostly use filtered pictures. Yes, it does imitate what catfishes do online. Misrepresentation and deceit is a major part of the catfish’s playbook.

Your frustration is duly noted.

Many of these women aren’t confident in how they truly look in real life. They believe that using filters on their dating profile gives them the best chance of finding the best mate.

You have now had enough experience in this that you should be able to tell what dating profiles are using filtered pictures.

Use your knowledge of what filtered pictures look like to filter out these bad candidates, so that you don’t keep finding yourself going on date after date that result in disappointment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.