You meet someone when you stop looking

Home Forums Dating You meet someone when you stop looking

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sam

Dear Question Asker,

Take a moment to help answer someone else's question. This dramatically increases the chances that your question will also get answered.

Click here to help answer someone else's question.

Hi there. I just turned 27 last week and sometimes I feel like I missed out on dating. While I’ve been distracting myself with work and hobbies, I just don’t understand why people say I should “stop looking”, which to me sounds like dont develop crushes, refrain from thinking a girl is cute. I’ve stayed away from girls for about 9 years, until recently I asked out someone I liked from work but she said she was seeing someone. I dont know if whether or not I did the right thing.

#42279 Reply

Luke
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

You did the right thing in asking out a girl that you like at work.

If you hadn’t done that, you wouldn’t have known what she would say to that.

Now that you know that she is seeing someone else, you can put that to rest.

Clearly, you do want to date someone. Hence, it would work best in your favor to avoid developing the attitude that you should “stop looking.”

When you are engaged in your hobbies and with work, it’s important to be observant of those around you.

In other words, don’t get so caught up in those activities that you’re not paying attention to the people around you.

Somewhere among those people could be someone who is compatible with you and would date you.

So, live your life to the fullest but also be observant of those within your environment and interact with those that pique your interest.

If you make a habit of doing this, there’s a good chance that you will not be single for much longer.

#42281 Reply

Sam

Thanks man. I also feel anxious when I talk to a girl because I dont want her to think I’m “chasing” her.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: You meet someone when you stop looking
Your information: